Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II

Eliminate duplicate's

Hi,

I have a question- Suppose for particular column(say id) we have different marks in another column. But my question is if  I am having same id with same marks while calculating average and percentage am not getting the right value because of that duplication. Can you tell me how to eliminate that please respond asap.Thanks!!

Id                      Marks

CD-IM22            12

CD-IM22            12                    

CD-IM22              12

Like this I have when I am doing the avg and percentage in the expression it is taking three- 12's instead of one-12 .How to eliminate that one. Please let me know. Anything we can do in scripting ??

6 Replies
wade12
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try using Load Distinct in script

Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Without Distinct -I need some thing else

kevincagle
Contributor III
Contributor III

What is the expression you are currently using? Im learning the more information you provide initially the more accurate a response will be.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Hard to suggest a fix without understanding the data and the real issue. Why is they duplicates? is it a data modelling issues? is a data issue?

One options maybe to make a new aggregate table that holds the distinct values for this calculation.

Mark

Pujitha
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am using only function.But in  the percentage the facing the issue. Average I am good with it. I used only function in the expression of the pivot chart.

sunny_talwar

Try this

Avg(Aggr(Only(Marks), Id))