Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Editing Load Script: Hangs on save.

PLEASE read the entire post before you start proposing solutions that have nothing to do with the problem.

I am editing my load script - not reloading - just typing a few changes.

I make a minor change - click Save. It saves no problem. I can maybe do this a few times. Then, I make another minor change - click Save and it hangs indefinitely.

Nothing is changing on the front end or reloading. The only change is text in the load script.

There is plenty of memory and CPU available.

I have tried all of the suggestions that I have read in other posts:

I have created a new app and copied in all of my objects. It still hangs.

I have removed any hidden objects. It still hangs.

I have upgraded from QlikView 11 SR 12 to SR 16. It still hangs.

I have turned off Compression on Save in my user preferences. It still hangs.

I have reduced all data. It still hangs.

There is no rhyme or reason to when it hangs. It has nothing to do with the amount of changes that I have made in the load script. Sometimes, it saves fine. Sometimes it hangs after only changing a comma.

This is maddening!! Please help. ANYONE?!?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The issue appears to be relate to TFS Source Contrl and/or a file in the -prj folder:

Can't save one of my applications (.tmp created with 0 bytes)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Melisa, is all this happening working locally and storing the QVW to a local storage?

Not applicable
Author

Yes and No: I am remoting into the server and running on and saving to the server - so it all local to the server but it is not local to my machine,

Not applicable
Author

I have removed all objects from my UI; It still hangs.

It creates a .tmp file when I abort.

If I rename this .tmp file with a .qvw extension, I can open it. Most of the time, it will be the .qvw file that I was attempting to save with the changes to the Load Script;

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Is this happening only with your account and with a single QVW (in other words, any other identical issues reported by other users and / or using other QVW)?

Is this ONLY happening if you save from editor?

Any other process may try to access / open the QVW (for example, is this QVW used in a binary load by a scheduled task)?

If you say 'Most of the time, it will be the .qvw that I was attempting to save', I don't really understand. Are you saying that sometimes it's a completely different QVW unknown to you?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Virus scanner?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

corrupted filesystem or hdd sectors?

Not applicable
Author

Sounds like HD issue.  Try running a check.  A quick reboot of the server might help.  Try saving the file again. 

Not applicable
Author

Other users are having the issue with other files.

We have done complete diagnostics on the server. There are no hard drive issues or bad sectors.

The files are in development, so there are no other processes accessing them.

Re: the .tmp file: Sometimes I cannot open it at all by renaming; When I can, it appears that it is either the file before I clicked save or after I clicked save.

The issue seems to be isolated to files that are checked into TFS SOurce COntrol.

Not applicable
Author

The issue appears to be relate to TFS Source Contrl and/or a file in the -prj folder:

Can't save one of my applications (.tmp created with 0 bytes)