Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II

Drop Unused table in Qlikview

Hello,

How to drop unused tabl(s) in Qlikview. I have man unused tables in Qlikview application. Kindly let me know how to delete those

5 Replies
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

drop table TableName;

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

wanted to drop multiple tables using loop

niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Drop tables Table1, Table2; ??

You're not giving much information in order to help out. Above is the script terminology to drop one or more tables. Can you give an example of the script that you are not getting to work?

kevinalvino
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi sowmiya23 ,

Another alternative beside using loop from dropping the table is counting the content of desired dropped table in a variable, checking its content whether it is empty ( if it not use, it means the table even haven't been created ), or there's exist a value inside the table.

Example :

LET vCheck = NoOfRows('table that wants to be checked'); -> this can be coupled with looping

This will count the number of rows inside it, for checking.

For dropping the table :

IF IsNull(TableNumber('table that wants to be checked')) THEN -> table number is the number of table, if not exist then it should be no value returned.

DROP Table 'The table that wants to be checked'; -> if you previously used looping, everytime it loop, it should be changes. Don't know about using the name of the table inside a variable, to make it more flexible.

Dont forget, every time using an IF THEN , close it with

ENDIF;

Not completely sure this will work, but at least the point is, there's a way to check which table is not containing anything, and using expression to drop it.

Hope it's help

Kevin

Smeenakshi23
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you.. Let me give a try