Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Download/store PDF files using QlikView ?!

Hi all,

I want to store some PDF files automatically from a web site (apprx. 20n) but using QlikView for that ?

Like:    Store <table_name> into C: ... .pdf

Is it possible ?

Or is it possible to load that files into a QlikView file  like bundle load ....?

10 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

PDF is not a format for the STORE function in QlikView so far. THe only two values allowed are TXT and QVD. The Publisher license, among other things, allows you to create and distribute PDF files into shared folders.

I don't know what a bundle load would help here. It is used to get external binary data (say, images) into QlikView document, so you don't need any longer the external files and visualize them through expressions or the info button.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hmmm,

Is it possible then using some macro to dawnload them ? (any simple example for this if it's possible)

And after that "bundle load" them in a qlikview file ?

I have read about budle load for pdf and word files into qlikview (called BLOBS) but only when you use ODBC connection.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Ivan and sorry for not getting the issue properly,

If you want to download several PDF files, I'd recommend you to do using the Windows Task Scheduler instead of using QlikView. But yes, since macros allow the execution of VBScript you can create a macro to connect to the server where they are (ftp or something) and download them.

But the part that is getting me wrong is what you want to do later on with those PDF files. Do you want to display them in your QlikView document?

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Actually,

now I am testing what files can I insert in a QV app. Till now I have made pics and sound files in it.

Now I want pdf and doc files and just testing.

If I can visualize those pdfs files will be great but think that impossible.

Regards,Ivan

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ivan – I am following this post and I have similarrequirement to show some pictures & music files. Please can you share anapplication to learn? Or can you explain on how you got this working..?

Thanks - DV

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

DV

thats the codes:

//for the pics

Plus:

LOAD * INLINE [

Plus_Pic,

http://  .gif

];

Bundle load Plus_Pic,Plus_Pic Resident Plus;

//for the sounds

MainSounds:

LOAD * INLINE [

mainsound,dir,name

attemptstart.wav,$(SoundPathMain), attemptStart

start.wav,$(SoundPathMain), start

greetings.wav,$(SoundPathMain), greetings

];

Bundle load mainsound,dir&mainsound Resident MainSounds;

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ivan – Thanks so much mate. I’ll check this out and comeback to you for any further questions.

Cheers - DV

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Ivan,

You can visualize them provided you have a PDF reader installed into your computer or any program registered to open PDF files. If you want to show them within the QlikView document you will need to add an OCX control that allows you to do that. I'm pretty sure it's possible and that these controls exist, although I've never used them.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

ivan_will
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Other ideas ?

Thanks!