Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does Qlikview work on a macbook?

I am interested to work on Qlikview but on a macbook. Is this available now? any timelines for this would be in place? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, windows only. But if you're connection to a Qlikview Access Point you can use any modern browser, like safari, to access the qlikview documents deployed on that Access Point.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, windows only. But if you're connection to a Qlikview Access Point you can use any modern browser, like safari, to access the qlikview documents deployed on that Access Point.

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I was also hoping to rather download and use Qlikview on my Macbook. Do you know when a Mac download will be made available? We run a small enterprise and I am big fan of Qlikview, I was first introduced to the solution back in 2004/2005 and now that I have branched out on my own I would still love to explore it's use, instead of the competition.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think there will ever be a Qlikview release for OSX. On the other hand, macbooks are great machines that are perfectly capable of running windows, both virtualized or directly on the hardware.

Perhaps Qlik Sense is more interesting for you. Yes, Qlik Sense Desktop and Server still need to be installed on a Windows OS. But all the development and use is browser based. So a setup with Qlik Sense Server installed on a windows server and all development and use done on any machine (including mobile devices) with any OS as long as it includes a modern browser is certainly possible.