Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying Custom Statistics in a Table

Hi,

I wasn't able to find a similar question, though I would have thought this issue would be quite basic.

I have some statistics I would like to display on the sheet. I have done the expressions to calculate them, but the only structure I can find to display them is a Text Object. I want to display them in a static table (shouldn't grow as the data is static) with multiple rows and columns, where I can define what should be displayed in each cell. Is this not possible?

Just to give examples of what I want to display:

- Sum of amounts for the top 10 clients within a certain period

- Count of transactions that match certain criteria within a certain period

The issue is that I'm trying to prepare a static report. There will not be any interaction with it. I don't want selections in the sheets. It needs to show statistics for different subsets of data in the same sheet. I have most of the expresions, I just can't figure out how to display them in a structured way.

Thanks.

2 Replies
calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Try a straight or pivot table with Clients as dimension and then your sum of amounts within period as expression. Then go to dimension limit and limit to 10, remove others.

For transactions it should be a no dimension straight table with the expression being count(transactions). use set analysis to limit your criteria within the given period.

After you have those 2 make sure to make it look nice after.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

Thanks for that, that was helpful. But it isn't quite what I'm looking for. For example, in the Sum table I still see the Clients. I'm not interested in which Clients are in the list, just the sum of their amounts.

In addition, I was asked to have the criteria listed in the first column with the number of Clients/transactions that match them in the 2nd column and the sum of amounts for Clients that match the criteria in the 3rd column, and so on. Displaying these in separate tables won't look that appealing.

Examples of the criteria (could be combinations):

- The transaction date is within a certain period

- The Client is based in certain countries

- The company relates to another company in some way

I'm guessing we'll have to go with a different design to display this information than a table with a list of criteria?