Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display a 2nd chart when the 1st one is empty

Hi All,

I have a situation where sometimes I will not have matching data in one of my alternate tables that populates a chart object (crosstab), when this happens I'd like to be able to alternatly display a different crosstab thats running from a different table that does have data instead.   I tried using an if(isnull()) statement but it doesn't catch the data like I'd like.  I know how to set up the variables to change what is displaying and such, but I don't know how to catch the empty table.  Is there a function or something that can be written as a function/macro that can check to see if the crosstab is populated?

Thanks,

Stan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

I'm assuming you are trying to use the conditional functionality.  You should be able to write an expression such similar to Sum(Sale) = Null()

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

I'm assuming you are trying to use the conditional functionality.  You should be able to write an expression such similar to Sum(Sale) = Null()

MayilVahanan

Hi

May be try like this

In chart, which you want to hide,

In layout , give condition like
= not isnull(Yourexpression) // check the condition whether there is a value or not.

Didn't specify the data which you can't able to catch it.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

I had thought about that, but honestly never followed through.  I do have some fields to check against counts or sums.  Thanks for the suggestion!