Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension as Legends

In a chart i want to get Dimension as legends rather than showing on the axis.

Legends.PNG

In this case Product ID(1,2,3,4) is my dimension which is coming on axis but i dont want to show it on axis. Rather i want to show that as legends. How can i do that ??

7 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry, I'm not clear enough to understand your question. It will be good if you can explain in detail or post the screenshot or sample QVW file.

Meanwhile, please look at this video where I have shown...how to highlight a specific dimension. I hope this technique might help you.

http://qlikshare.com/276

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

Not applicable
Author

Say my Chart is like this.

Here I have Month as first dimension and product as second dimension. SO the product ID 1,2,3,4, are coming as legends and Months are on X axis. But in my case i have only one dimension Product whose legend i want to show as shown in the image.

Legends.PNG

its_anandrjs

Hi,

It is not clear that what diminsion you required but as i understand you take

Dimension -> Monthname, Product

Expression -> Sum(Value)

as i guess am i correct or not please confirm the Dim and Expression what you take.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I have only product as dimension. just to show an example of legend type i took month as dimension in the above screenshot. with only Product as dimension i am not getting legend of that type for productid which is there in screenshot. rather it is coming on axis.

its_anandrjs

Hi,

For this add a dummy field like

'Products' as Product_Info

and take this field in the dimension with product dimension,

Dimension -> Product, .Product_Info

Expression -> Sum(Value)

Thanks

kji
Employee
Employee

Add a calculated dimension that is constant (for example "=1") as the first dimension with "Show Legend" turned off.

Not applicable
Author

This working fine. But when i scroll over the bar it shows me the product ID and the constant value. Is there a way to remove the constant value ??