Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacoli2013
Creator
Creator

Different values when using Section Access

Hello,

Can someone explain me the following:

I have a QVW without Section Access and Section Application (QVW01) and one with  Section Access and Section Application (QVW02), the rest of the script is exactly the same.

The Access tab in QVW02 is very simple:

Star is '-1';

SECTION Access;

// ad 01. Allow access for QADMIN: QADMIN / SUPER ADMIN
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERNAME, PASSWORD, SALESDISTRICT, CUSTOMER
ADMIN, QADMIN, QADMIN,  ALL, ALL
]
;  

// ad 02. Allow access for users :USERS / PASSWORD
//LOAD
//          if (ALLDIMENSIONVALUESALLOWED = '-1', 'ADMIN', 'USER') as ACCESS,
//          USERNAME,
//          PASSWORD,
//          SALESDISTRICT,
//          CUSTOMER
//FROM [$(DataPathQvd)PrimDef_ReportingUserDimValueAllowed.qvd] (qvd);
//

SECTION Application;

So nothing special.

But there is a difference between QVW01 and QVW02 which I cannot explain. This is to been seen in the worksheet Dashboard SalesInvoice. This worksheet has a Gauge with  Actual (year) versus Actual (previous year) and a table with some values and calculations. The gauges and the tables are also in both QVW’s the same. In fact I made a copy from QVW01 (QlikTech Question) and built in the section access tab and called it QlikTech Question with Access.

When you select year 2015 both Gauges show 102,91%, when you select 2017 the percentage is  8,15%. When you select 2016 the gauge in QVW01 shows  108,60% and in QVW02 36710526,67%

Selection

with Access

without Access

The Table below the Gauge shows the right percentages in the right column (% Difference This Year versus Last Year) and the pointers of the gauges shows the correct percentages.

So can someone explain me why the values in 2015 and 2017 are the same but not in 2016. When the values for every year were different I could imagine that there could be a filter on the actual amounts, caused by the section access.

But this only in-one-year difference I cannot explain. So I hope someone can (have added both QVW's)

In QVW02 I’m logged in with QADMIN

Thanks in advance

Regards

Court

6 Replies
avinashelite

Do you have null values in the data ??

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

No,

I have two kind of amounts: Actual or Budget. And one of them is always greater NULL()

avinashelite

I checked your file ...in the section access file you have 1 or more extra records because of which you have this difference

add the ActualAmount , Year and other required columns . You could see some additional Columns in the Section access file

Hope this helps you

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks,

I will add the columns and test it

pacoli2013
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello

I have added some columns and made the Access tab hidden: Problem solved

avinashelite

Cool ..if you have got the answers mark the helpful and correct answers and close this thread