Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Design question

Hi,

I am setting up a new Dashboard in QlikView. Right now, I'm puzzling with the GUI: It is supposed to display the values in what is a combination of hard-coded selections on the uppermost level (so that different parts of the data can be shown simultaneously) and Drilldown groups. I think I can do both. The difficult part is the look of it - I was supposed to get a Designer_training, but it didn't work our yet and I'm not yet proficient enough in designing.

I will attach a dummy ppt_slide to this post to show you how that is supposed to look: Basically, it's like a straight table, but with so much distance (in different colour) between the cells that it actually looks like a number of individual cells spread evenly over the page - I don't think I could do that straight away, just use individual cells displaying one value each? Well, maybe using text objects...

Thanks a lot for any help!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

18 Replies
marcus_sommer

Mit einer Pivot könnte man ein Chart wie in der ppt erreichen, indem man "leere" Formelspalten generiert, z.B. per = '' oder null() (in Tab Präsentation Anzeigen einstellen) oder bei richtigen Formeln like count(x) mit Schriftfarbe weiß auf weißen Untergrund oder ähnlich ...

Mehrzeilige Zellen gehen auch: sum(y) & chr(10) & sum(z) und im Tab Präsentation mehrzeilig wählen.

Alternativ wären dann noch mit mehreren Pivot/Textboxen ... zu arbeiten und diese zu überlagern - ist aber arg "fummelich" ...

Schöne Grüße

Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hallo Marcus,

Danke erst mal für den Tip! Pivot-Tabelle mit leeren Zellen, das könnte gehen. Das wird wohl auch einigermaßen fummelig werden, denn die Abstände zwischen den Zellen sind ja nicht genauso groß wie die Zellen und ich denke mal, die Größe der Zellen, wo einfach so eine Dummy-Formel drinsteht, kann ich nicht wirklich beeinflussen, oder?.

Ich hätt eine andere Idee, aber auch die hat ihre Tücken: Das Layout als solches würd ich am einfachsten hinbekommen, wenn ich für jede Zelle ein individuelles Textobjekt anlege. Das wäre halt insofern tricky als ich dann überhaupt kein Diagramm hab, sondern alles in den Formeln machen muss - im Prinzip geht das, denn so eine Drilldown-Gruppe (ein einzelnes Element davon) ist ja grundsätzlich nichts anderes als eine Selektion. Ich müsste also in der Formel für jedes Textobjekt multiple Selektionen einbauen.

Dann könnte ich halt nicht das gleiche Sheet zur Anzeige verschiedener Ebenen benutzen, sondern ich bräuchte für jede mögliche Ebene ein Sheet, das zunächst versteckt ist und erst durch Klick auf die entspr. Fläche sichtbar wird, wobei gleichzeitig das andere verschwindet.

Gibt es noch andere Möglichkeiten, das hinzukriegen?   

Danke vielmals!

Viele Grüße,

DataNibbler

marcus_sommer

Jede Formelspalte (bei separaten Formeln) kann individuell per Maus eingestellt werden. Ich denke, dass der Aufwand mit einer Pivot deutlich geringer ist, als sich mit Textboxen ein "Schachbrett" anzulegen und jeweils mit eigenen Inhalt zu bestücken.

Multiplen Inhalt kann man in der Pivot und auch in den Textboxen schon abbilden, einfach if(x, Formel 1, Formel 2) reinsetzen und per Variablen/Listboxen auswählen.

Schöne Grüße

Marcus

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Have a look at the attached example.

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus and Kaushik,

@ Kaushik

Yes, that looks somewhat like what I want - it corresponds with what Marcus is proposing I guess.

@ Marcus

Okay, if I can edit every individual column, then I guess that would work.

I could then use one of the columns for those traffic-light thingys.

Can I do the same with the dimensions? As you can see on the dummy_slide I have attached, there is a horizontal distance between the cells (which I could solve with empty formula_columns) and also a vertical distance.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes you can do so, but I am not sure about the proper method, but here is the example please have a look at the butterfly tab for a sample example of putting blank link at dimension level.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Kaushik,

thanks for the help! I guess you won't believe it, but I just cancelled downloading your example because after about 30sec it was at 5kb 😉

Does putting in blank lines inbetween the dimensions really make it that much bigger (from 150k to 8.2MB)?

I will try again later.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The application itself is a 8.2 MB.

If you dont want to download the Application, you will find it in your computer under

C:\Programfiles\QlikView\example\Document\Data Visualization.qvw

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

marcus_sommer

Ja, wie von Kaushik vorgeschlagen, einen "Leerwert" in die Dimension packen. Am einfachsten wäre es vermutlich diesen Dimensionswert per Inlinetable an die Hauptdaten per concatenate ranzuhängen.

Schöne Grüße

Marcus