Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Delete objects that are in a container ?

hello everyone,

I am quite new with containers..

I have create one container with 4 objects.

Once all of them are in the container, I would like to delete them otherwise, there are displayed twice, once in the container + the objects I had created first.

but if I delete the original object, it then disappears from the container.. (And I don't click on delete the linked object, I click on delete selected object).

How do you handle that ?

Can we delete the original object ? Or maybe I have to reduce and hide them ?

Thank you for your help

Laura

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think I 've got it

I have done some test as you told me with another chart (with no data).

Actually, I have several containers embedded in other container.. And I wanted to delete a "temporary" container without having deleting first the original object. And in that case, even if I click on "delete selected", it doesn't work..

I am going to delete the object one by one starting with the older.

Thank you for your help

have a good day !

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That shouldn't normally happen.

If you rightmouseclick the original (i.e. the one not in the container) and select Remove and then click Delete the "Selected" object, the original should disappear but the one in the Container should stay.

You can try it for yourself in any new document where your create an empty chart (no load script needed), add the empty chart to a container and then delete the original. Use the document in attachment if you like.

Does it work if you recreate the container with content?

Best,

Peter

nigel987
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure what the reason is, but I can ensure you, that usually if you select 'Delete Selected' the object in the container remains and only the 'original' object is deleted.

Can you post your qvw here?

Not applicable
Author

I think I 've got it

I have done some test as you told me with another chart (with no data).

Actually, I have several containers embedded in other container.. And I wanted to delete a "temporary" container without having deleting first the original object. And in that case, even if I click on "delete selected", it doesn't work..

I am going to delete the object one by one starting with the older.

Thank you for your help

have a good day !