Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dates with different formats in same column..

Hello guys, I have a quick one.... I am having an issue with the dates i am trying to load.. i have a column cancel_date which have dates in two different formats in the same column.. one is 03-APR-2016 and the other one is 2016/03/01 00:00:0000..

When i am loading this QV is reading it in the string format.. and any condition given based on this is not working..

The current issue is, i have one more date which is "date" - and my condition is as follows..

If( Date <= [Cancel Date] , 'AA' , 'BB').. But QV is returning BB even at the places where the answer is AA..

PFA excel sheet where i downloaded the data for both the dates... I have tried loading the cancel date with date, date#, floor functions but nothing worked.. but for the date field loading it using Floor(Date(date)) as date.. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try with the Alt() function:

LOAD *,

If( Date <= [Cancel Date] , 'AA' , 'BB') as Flag;

LOAD Date(Alt(Date#(Date,'DD-MMM-YYYY'),Date#(Date,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss'),Date(Date),Date))as Date,

Date(Alt( Date#([Cancel Date],'DD-MMM-YYYY'),Date#(  [Cancel Date],'YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss'),Date(  [Cancel Date]),  [Cancel Date])) as   [Cancel Date]

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

View solution in original post

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try with the Alt() function:

LOAD *,

If( Date <= [Cancel Date] , 'AA' , 'BB') as Flag;

LOAD Date(Alt(Date#(Date,'DD-MMM-YYYY'),Date#(Date,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss'),Date(Date),Date))as Date,

Date(Alt( Date#([Cancel Date],'DD-MMM-YYYY'),Date#(  [Cancel Date],'YYYY/MM/DD hh:mm:ss'),Date(  [Cancel Date]),  [Cancel Date])) as   [Cancel Date]

FROM

(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

maahivee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank You Swuehl..