Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III

Dates in Set Analysis

Morning fellow QlikView enthusiasts,

I'm having a bit of a problem with some set analysis and I'm wondering if anyone can help me out??

I have two different date fields, Extract Date and Start Date. I want to be able to sum all of the value where these two dates are the same, I'm struggling with the syntax though.

I always seem to get 0 value back and I know there are at least 6 different occurances of the same date.

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try putting quotes around the dollar expansion:

=sum({<[Extract Date]={'$(=Date([Start Date]))'}, [Sales Channel]={'FriendsLife'},[Conversion Status]={'2 Tender Doc Issued'}, Status={'Won','Live'}>}Value)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

may this helps

sum({<[Extract Date]={$(=only([Start Date]))}< }value )

Sunil Chauhan
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the reply but it didn't quite work, I've included the actual syntax including the additional part you've suggested...I still can't get it to work though.

=sum({<[Extract Date]={$(=Date([Start Date]))}, [Sales Channel]={'FriendsLife'},[Conversion Status]={'2 Tender Doc Issued'}, Status={'Won','Live'}>}Value)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try putting quotes around the dollar expansion:

=sum({<[Extract Date]={'$(=Date([Start Date]))'}, [Sales Channel]={'FriendsLife'},[Conversion Status]={'2 Tender Doc Issued'}, Status={'Won','Live'}>}Value)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Do you have a unique key per record, like ID? If not, could you create a unique key in your load (e.g. using recno() )?

Then you could it like:

=sum({<ID={"=[Start Date]=[Extract Date]" }, [Sales Channel]={'FriendsLife'},[Conversion Status]={'2 Tender Doc Issued'}, Status={'Won','Live'}>}Value)

i.e. you select on your record IDs, where [Start Date] value is equal to [Extract Date] value, using a search expression.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Excellent, thanks for the help guys.

Aaron...you're solution is working a treat