cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawgfather
Creator
Creator

Date-time format lost after loading from QVD

I am new to using a QVD file and have run into something interesting. I have a check in place to see if the QVD file exists and if it does not, then run a SQL query to load it and then save it to a QVD file.

My SQL query has a field that is a datetime field from what I can tell and when the SQL loads I get results like:

10/22/2016 8:00:00 PM

10/1/2016 10:00:00 PM

...and all this is great. It is as I want it. But when I next run the reload it loads that same file from the QVD but then my chart details change and I end up with the following:

Why does loading it from the QVD change/alter the output?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sometimes it will happen

After reload the qvd you can use

Date(date#(datefield,'mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt'),'required')

Or

Date(num(datefield),'required format')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sometimes it will happen

After reload the qvd you can use

Date(date#(datefield,'mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss tt'),'required')

Or

Date(num(datefield),'required format')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

I think you need to format your timestamp before storing the data into the qvd - maybe with a Preceding Load:

t:

load *, timestamp(datetime, 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT') as DateTimeFormatted;

SQL select * From MySQL;

- Marcus

dawgfather
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you...this worked, but I still do not understand why it works when the data is first pulled but after loading from the QVD instead of SQL, it changes.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sometime, Qlikview frustrated at us. Anyway, I got same issue few months ago. I did same thing. Still i don't know what is the problem to find?

Can you confirm me, Who created that qvd? And if answer is yes, then are you sure before store to qvd do you have Date format of your field of date or number field?

If Yes, Share me the data which you have for ref