Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date limits in Calendar object

Hi All,

In my Calendar object the upper limit is Oct 15. But it is showing the dates till Oct 31. Is it possible to remove or greyed out the dates after Oct 15?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am having a similar issue... hoping for a resolution. I won't repost, I'll wait to see if somone answers here.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

just to clearify your enviroment: Do you have a calender-table linked to another table (normally the facts-table). And max(date) of your calender table is Oct 15 of 2010. And data in the other table was loaded untill end of Oct?

Regards, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can try create a calendar with base a fact table.

LET vToday = Today();
Calendar:
LOAD DISTINCT
'Q' & Ceil(FiscalPeriod/3) AS FiscalQuarter,
'Q' & Ceil(Month/3) AS Quarter,
Mod(Week(DateFake)-1,52)+1 AS FiscalWeek,
Date(MonthStart(Date), 'MMM-YY') AS MonthYear,
QuarterStart(Date) AS QuarterStart,
If(NumDate <= Num('$(vToday)'), 1, 0) AS FlgReal
WHERE FiscalPeriod >= 1;
LOAD Distinct
Num(OrderDate) AS %Date,
Num(OrderDate) AS NumDate,
OrderDate AS Date,
AddMonths(OrderDate,+6) AS DateFake,
TMPFiscalYear AS FiscalYear,
TMPMonthOrder AS FiscalPeriod,
Week(OrderDate) AS Week,
Day(OrderDate) AS Day,
Month(OrderDate) AS Month,
Year(OrderDate) AS Year
RESIDENT Sales
ORDER BY TMPFiscalYear, TMPMonthOrder;

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Max and Min date are taken from the fact table and those dates are used to set the date range in the calendar object. User selection will be taken into a variable. And the calculation will be performed using that variable.

Not applicable
Author

Hi again,

thank you for this precize description. I think you want the calender object showing the datesmap exactly from min(date) to max(date). But the calender object shows always complete months. And of course including the complete first and last month and i.e. with days that are greater then your max(date). So your users can select by mistake a date that does not fit into the given range.

I am afraid that there is no solution within the calender object At least I do not know any. I am using currently 9SR6. Perhaps V10 or even threads like http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/16480.aspx or examples like http://community.qlik.com/media/p/63238.aspx can support you with getting new ideas.

Sorry,

Roland

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Same in QV 10.
I have to add that if not for this thread, I'd never noticed this issue because I always create calendars for the whole years. In this case the max date would be Dec 31, 2010.