Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data optimization suggestion needed?

Hi All,

I have some stock chart related data. The customer has provided me the data in the following format

HigherClose1, Hhigh1, HLow1,..........HigherClose2,HHigh2, HLow2.................. etc

The summary has to be shown in the following Pivot chart format

Bar1     Bar2     Bar3......................................................Bar30

HigherClose

Hhigh

HLow

HigherClose1, Hhigh1, HLow1 belongs to Bar1, and HigherClose2,HHigh2, HLow2 belongs to Bar2 and so on

I have done a small tweak to the orginal table. I have unioned all the columns into one column BarValue (Contains all the values from HigherClose1, HigherClose2, Hhigh1, Hhigh2 etc). The other two columns identify the number and type of Bar

BarValue     BarNumber     BarType

0.567          Bar1               HigherClose

......            Bar1               Hhigh

.........         Bar1               Hlow

........          Bar2               HigherClose

........          Bar2               Hhigh

I have merged them into a single column because it is easy to create a pivot chart this way. I use the BarNumber and BarType in dimension, and use the BarValue in expression

Now the problem is that the rows grow by 342, as the total columns are 342. If I have 15 million rows, then you can see the data grows by a lot. Can someone suggest any other method, where I can achieve the same purpose but the rows do not grow so much

Regards

Syed

0 Replies