Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II

DATAMODEL HELP

Hi,

I have a xls, Where 5 Sheet are available. All the fields are different in each sheet and where jm_v_rep_topfeat_relation Sheet have the 3 Fields Where all the Combination are linked with another 4 Sheets. i.e : TFEAT_DOCUMENTKAY, RELATED_DOCUMENTKEY and RL_NAME. If you will check this fields value you can assume how it combined with another 4 sheets value.

Please find the attached xls and QVW for Data and code. I have tried by using linking model, but it is creating Cartesian Product (Cross Join) and going in loop.

QVW is in Debug mode, Not Full reload, When I am making full reload, data is going up-to 70 Million.

So Please help me for making a relationship with all 5 sheet.

Thanks & Regards,

AK

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you describe the tables and what they represent in real life? Effective data modeling is always based on the understanding of the entities involved and how they relate to each other.

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Petter,

Thanks for reply:

Table Name: LandingZones --> Field - LZ_ID --> 766-LZ-188

Table Name: Features --> Field --> FEAT_ID --> 816-FEAT-12

Similarly another two table --> Integration_steps and System_Requirement

Table Name --> jm_v_rep_topfeat_relation --> Field --> TFEAT_DOCUMENTKEY

If you will select Field - LZ_ID --> 766-LZ-188 from table LandingZones and In table jm_v_rep_topfeat_relation and Field TFEAT_DOCUMENTKEY You can Identify the value is present in jm_v_rep_topfeat_relation table and related field is TFEAT_DOCUMENTKEY.

So my mean to say there is all type of combination is available, either one to many and many to many with Table LandingZones, Features, Integration_steps, System_Requirement to jm_v_rep_topfeat_relation.

jm_v_rep_topfeat_relation table have three field - where you can check the relation - those are --> TFEAT_DOCUMENTKEY, TFEAT_ITEMTYPEKEY, RELATED_DOCUMENTKEY and REL_NAME

Hope I am able to describe your doubts.

AK

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Petter,

I hope you got my point. So please help me create a relationship between these tables and fields.

Awaiting for response.

Regards,

AK