Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kane_delta
Contributor
Contributor

Cycle group table expression with numbers/text/date options exporting to excel as text

I have a cycle group in one of my tables in Qlikview which contains numbers/text/date fields in a Straight Table chart.  Whenever someone sets the field to something other than text it still exports to excel as text.  Per my research I tried: 

Help->About Qlikview->(Right Click on) Qlikview Symbol(On Left Bottom)->ExcelExportMixedAsText(Select)->Set its value as 0 ->Set->Close

But it had no effect, confirmed the setting "took" and changed the setting as an admin user on the .qvw file; I haven't been able to find any other solutions.  Would really like dates and numbers to export as their types (or at least not as pure text so excel can figure it out on it's own) without breaking up the groups by data type. Thank you in advance for any help!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I did find the following Article, which I assume is where you may have found the setting:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000005476 

That change is going to be for all apps, not  just the one, and you would need to close things and reopen for the setting change to be picked up after you set it too.  It is possible the setting may have an issue too, but that is all the more reason we really need an app to test to see.  You can also open a support case on this, but be sure you have tested things in the most current SR (Service Release) of the supported version you are running, note that currently, 11.20, 12.20, 12.30, 12.40 and 12.50 are the supported tracks.  

I did check the defect system, most of these related items appear to have been addressed in the 12.20 track or they have been set as will not fix.  The only other thing I could suggest is ensuring you set things in the load script to ensure the correct type there or be sure to set in the Numbers tab properties of the chart to see if that changes things or not.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.