Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating sql statements in the extractor for the same file will this cause problems

I have a file called   X - and there is some reports that have specific information that is needed - so the only way I can do this is by creating an sql statement in the extractor.  Which is fine, but if I am creating 5 sql statements to pull the data differently into different tables will this cause a problem does anyone know or should I not be doing this?
example
//****************************INVOICED ORDERS INVOICED TABLE****************************
INVOICEDORDERS:
SQL
SELECT SAORD, SABOCD, SAINDT, SACMP, SATYPE
FROM
WAYTEK.R50FILES.VSAHEAD;
STORE
DROP
Table INVOICEDORDERS;
//***************************************************************************
compared to this sql statement
//*************************************************************************************************
// New entry on 012411  - count the number of credits only for R and C 003 and higher reason
//*****************************ORDER HEADER for Credits only for  History TABLE************************
VSAHEAD:
SQL
SELECT SACRES, SAORDS, SATYPE, SAINDT, SACMP, SAORD, SABOCD
FROM
WAYTEK.R50FILES.VSAHEAD
WHERE
SACRES > '002' AND
SABOCD
= '000' AND
SATYPE
= 'R'
OR
SATYPE = 'C';
STORE
VSAHEAD into $(Folder_Path) NumberOfCredits_VSAHEAD.qvd (qvd);
DROP
Table VSAHEAD;
//***************************************************************************
2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

No as long as you drop the tables between the differend selects. If you do not drop them and you do not want them in 1 table you need to add NOCONCATENATE statement otehrwise qlikview will recognise it's the same table and therefor read it in 1 table.
Not dropping will cause QV as well to try to link the fields so best is then to force differend field names with teh QUALIFY statement.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

thank you - I was wondering  - I am dropping the tables after each, so I am good. thank you again.