Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating folders on Qlikview Dashboard

Hi Qlikview Community,

I have another qlikview question that I am not sure is possible. Briefly, my company uses qlikview to measure the A/R balances. Every Friday we load the export which includes all the items open from the beginning of time to the Friday. When we look at the graphs, it is pulling the As of date, which is the Friday date. Currently we have from May 2014 to January 2015 saved in qlikview. The date filter will list the full month, day, and year which is creating a long list.

I wanted to know if there is a way to break this filter into a smaller list or put it in a folder of some sort? Maybe I could create a 2014 folder, and once you click on this folder it will show the list of all the Friday dates for 2014. Then I could do the same for 2015?

*****UPDATE*****

After taking all of your advice, I was close to finding the solution with a Multi list box which masked the data. But my superiors are still wanting more of a break down. Is there anyway to break the list box by Year-> Month -> Days at all ? I know the hierarchal tree did look appealing, but complicated and wanted to try a simpler solution before I attempted that. I attached a new screen shot of the Qlikview dashboard.

I will appreciate any feedback !

Thank you Sincerely,

Kerry

7 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

well, you can certainly break up your load by filtering to load only the data for one year - that way you will end up with several apps - or, if QlikView is running on your Desktop rather than on a server, there are ways to build some interactivity into the script itself. You could use that to decide which file or which qvd to load, depending on what the user wants to see.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Kerry,

looks like what you will need is a tree-view listtbox. Bit complicating to understand how to generate the needed structure but pretty nice if working finally. What  DataNibbler described however is more streightforward according to the non-hierarchical logic of QlikView: simply use Listboxes to set filters. That would be my first choice, too 😉

A nice dicussion about that hierarchical tree view is here

http://community.qlik.com/message/423736#423736

and in the referred document within this discussion you find a detailed how-to.

Hope it helps

Michael

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe you should load "Open items on friday" only for the current month, and reduce previous months to "all items open on the last of the month at midnight"?

Colin-Albert

You could add list boxes for Year and Month. This would allow the height of the date list box to be reduced. Users could select a Year/month first, then select the date. Its a few extra clicks but is easier than scrolling a long list of dates.

Another option could be to use a Calendar object, though this would allow any date to be selected not just Fridays.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, but I don't think that is how the company I work would like it.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your help, I am going to try the list boxes, since the hierarchical is a bit too much work. I do love the idea of it and could see that being extremely useful. I book marked it for future reference.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on the payment terms you assign to your customers