Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy user created tabs from a document

Hi All,

We have changed the folder structure in the qlikview server and deployed the qlikview documents from dev to these new folders. By doing this users lost few tabs in a document they have created on their own.

Where does this information store when a user modifies a document? Is it also possibly to copy stuff from one user to another other than bookmark option? I want to share complete tabs.

As I have 2 versions in 2 different folders I am not sure what is the best method to bring the tabs from the old version to the new version. Please advise.

Thanks,

mc

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

User created content is saved in the .shared file. So for "Sales.qvw", user content is stored in "Sales.qvw.shared". If you change the qvw name, rename the .shared file to match. If you move between folders, move the .shared file to the new folder.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Guys please need your help.. Please let me know if you require any additional info from my side.

Thanks,

mc

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

User created content is saved in the .shared file. So for "Sales.qvw", user content is stored in "Sales.qvw.shared". If you change the qvw name, rename the .shared file to match. If you move between folders, move the .shared file to the new folder.

Not applicable
Author

Thank You so much Rob Wunderlich