Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Contact us Email Button

Hi

Does anyone know how to add a button that will open up a new Email Message with the TO: field pre populated?

Thanks

Dan

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I did run it with the IE plugin, but it did not work, may be I am not doing something right.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is a file that works. I commented out the sample attachment lines. I had to set the requested module security to "System Access" and Current local security to "Allow system access".

Clicking the button pulls up a new email on my system.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think you forgot the "?" after the .com.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The mailto and subject works great... but now I wonder if anybody knows how to add the current selections to the body?

Doing this would allow to send the used filters directly with the email rather than mailing back and forth for more details.

hbandari3636
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi All,

I am using the same mailto: function by creating a text box and adding in actions its working fine for a normal email like someone@gmail.com but I have a email group with name XY_Z&T_QR@gmail.com for which its only returning XY_Z. I have tried creating a variable for this particular email it did not workout, tried this XY_Z&'&'&T_QR@gmail.com it didn't work for this. Hope anyone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Hemanth.

jmur0000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded Qlikview to November 2017 version. We used the functionality "Open URL" and "mailto" on "Action" tab. After the upgrade this function stop working. After clicking the button with the action we get the error "HTTP 404 File not found". Does anyone have an idea why?

I would appreciate any help.

Regards

Joanna

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There was a bug for the Mailto issue that was fixed in 12.20 SR4.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.