Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Contact us Email Button

Hi

Does anyone know how to add a button that will open up a new Email Message with the TO: field pre populated?

Thanks

Dan

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So it seems like the Open URL triggers just randomly work or don't work for me... any clue why? Sometimes they do and then an hour later it will just say like "Launch failed" or something like that. It did the same thing whether it was www.google.com or mailto:someaddress@somewhere.com

Weird.... there are a few other QV related things that just don't seem to work but then when I restart they work fine as well but off the top of my head I can't think of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Subject would be like this:

mailto:info@kogent360.com?subject=Your Subject

guytzumer
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Code for combine mail, cc, body - and two lines in the body -

mailto:someone@somewhere.com? CC=somebody@somewhereelse.com & subject=Email Example & body=AAAAAA %0A BBBBBB

enjoy

guy tzumer

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tzumer.

It's really helpful

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guy,

I'm able to get the mailto: part to work, the CC and more importantly the subject part is not working.

I use the following code:

mailto:Accountability@abc.com CC=amodi@abc.com & subject=Case Escalation from Dashboard.

While the To part works, CC shows up in to the To line with the text "CC=", the subject does not populate at all.

Would you know what is wrong with my code.

Thanks,

Amitesh 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amitesh,

It seems that you missed the sign ? , before CC=

Thanks,

ASINGH

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Angad,

I had tried earlier with the ? it is just that I had a space after it, which I removed this time around and it worked.

What confused me were the special envelope like symbols, so for anyone getting confused like me use the URL similar to the following:

mailto:anyone@abcd.com?CC=xyz@abcd.com & subject=Case Escalation from GPODB 

Thanks,

Amitesh

Edit: Oops, I see that my own reply appears with the 'envelope' symbol, just know not to use spaces between mailto:emailid?CC=emailid

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know this is already answered, but you can also control Outlook through the object model. I have a button on one of my documents that attaches files to the email messages. Here is some vbscript code that you can assign to a button in QlikView. It will open an Outlook message, and set properties of the object like add attachments, set the subject, body, and to fields:

Sub Send()

Set objOL = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

Set objMsg = objOL.CreateItem(olMailItem)

objMsg.Attachments.Add "c:\samplefile1.txt"

objMsg.Attachments.Add "c:\samplefile2.txt"

objMsg.subject = "Subject line"

objMsg.body = "Your files are ready to send."

objMsg.to = "test@domain.com"

objMsg.Display

End sub

Geoff

Not applicable
Author

Hi Geoff,

In the properties of the button that you mentioned, what do you choose under Actions.

I chose Run Macro . If it is Run Macro, then I tried it by pasting your script. I kept the Scripting Engine as VBScript.

Allowed System Access for Security. But when I click Test, it goes to the second line of your code and says

ActiveX component can't create object: 'Outlook.Application'

I agree that there is NO Outlook on my server so I save it and test it on the browser on my machine, but the button does not work. I guess it is not clear to me what you are doing exactly.

Thanks,

Amitesh

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This would only work with the Plugin. In AJAX most macros are ran server side.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.