Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Compare variables using IF statement in Set Analysis

I'm trying to get the code below to work.  It works fine when using the line that is commented out -

if( (Business_GF_Old<>Business_GF) and (Report_Grouping_Old<>Report_Grouping),Constant,0)

However, I need these values to change dynamically with the values for vBus_Dim_Name_Old and vBus_Dim_Name.  I've tried single quotes, double quotes, but can't get it to work.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sum (

{<

Hires={0},Terms={0}

>}if( ($(vBus_Dim_Name_Old) = $(vBus_Dim_Name)) and (Report_Grouping_Old<>Report_Grouping),Constant,0)

//>}if( (Business_GF_Old<>Business_GF) and (Report_Grouping_Old<>Report_Grouping),Constant,0)

)

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arthil

I suggest you to check the Variables. Check whether the variables are returing you the correct value.

If so, then i may ask for sample file.

Regards,

Srini.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I don't know what you tried but single quotes should work, like this

Sum ({<Hires={0}, Terms={0}>}

if( '$(vBus_Dim_Name_Old)' = '$(vBus_Dim_Name)' and Report_Grouping_Old <> Report_Grouping,

Constant, 0))

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Jonathan - I tried single quotes, exactly like you have, but it didn't work.  Any other ideas?  Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Srini - what is the best way to check the values of my variables.  Under Settings >> Variable Overview, I see the values for my variables.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then I suggest that you post your application (or some subset of it), so we can examine why. That statement is syntactically correct, so I suspect the problem may be somehow in the data (one or more embedded quotes, for example).

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Arthil,

I tried with sample data and this function worked well.

Sum(IF($(vDim_Selected) <> $(vOldDim_Selected),sales))

vDim_Selected - Definition is "=GetFieldSelections(Fields)"

vOldDim_Selected - definition is "=GetFieldSelections(Old_Fields)"

Regards,

Srini.

Not applicable
Author

Srini - my variables are being populated via input boxes.  Do you think that would make a difference?

Not applicable
Author

Hi arthil21,

variables can be populated by any means.. input boxes, fields, etc

the code by srinivasa works fine.

i believe the issue lies in the data.. maybe not proper cleansing or different format(uppercase/lowercase/mixedcase/spaces) might lead to the condition getting unfullfiled..

i advise you to check the data for correction first.

Cheers,

Abhinava

Not applicable
Author

All:  thanks everyone for your help.  The code actually works as I originally wrote it.  The problem was that my evaluation for this piece should have been "not equal to" (<>):

$(vBus_Dim_Name_Old) = $(vBus_Dim_Name)) should be $(vBus_Dim_Name_Old) <> $(vBus_Dim_Name))

I also found that with or without single quotes didn't seem to make a difference.  Does anyone know which one is syntactically correct?

$(vBus_Dim_Name_Old) = $(vBus_Dim_Name))

or

'$(vBus_Dim_Name_Old)' = '$(vBus_Dim_Name)')