Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Compare same data with different filters

I have a set of data with a group of charts that allow me to view trends, compare values, etc. based on a set of filters.

Example: For X group of devices, that also meet Y criteria, I can see a line chart of power usage over time.

I now need to add the ability to compare two sets of this data:

Example: My line chart will have two lines for power usage over time: Line 1) B group of devices, that meet C criteria, Line 2) X group of devices that meet Y criteria

My plan is to make a container with tabs on top, and in each one there will be a group of filters. So, I can set the filters for the first filter group, then switch to next tab and select the second group of filters. The charts will then modify the lines based on these two filter sets.

So, my basic question is how to set up the data? Of course I could duplicate everything when I load it so there are two completely separate sets of data that filter independently and will just be graphed on the same chart. I am just not sure if there is a better approach.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Look into alternate states, available since QV11.

There is a demo available on the QT demo site called 'What's New in Qv11.qvw' (may also be installed locally).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Look into alternate states, available since QV11.

There is a demo available on the QT demo site called 'What's New in Qv11.qvw' (may also be installed locally).