Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combining logical operators in set analysis

The following expression works OK but does not handle cancelled invoices (where [Invoice State] = 'Cancelled')

sum({$<[Invoice Posted Date] = {"<=$(vReportdate)"}>}[Invoiced QTY])

The problem is that even if they are cancelled I need to include them if [Cancelled Date] > vReportdate

I need to build in the logic:

[Invoice State] <> 'Cancelled' or ([Invoice State] = 'Cancelled' AND  [Cancelled Date] > vReportdate)

or written another way

NOT( [Invoice State] = 'Cancelled' and [Cancelled Date] <= vReportdate)

The report date can be amended by the end user to be any date in the past or it defaults to today

Can anyone help please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Create the two elements in <> brackets and union them:

sum({$<[Invoice Posted Date] = {"<=$(vReportdate)"}, [Invoice State] -= {'Cancelled'}> +

<[Invoice State] = {'Cancelled'}, [Cancelled Date] = {"<=$(vReportdate)"}>} [Invoiced QTY])

Add any extra terms to each side if required to ensure that there is no double counting.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Create the two elements in <> brackets and union them:

sum({$<[Invoice Posted Date] = {"<=$(vReportdate)"}, [Invoice State] -= {'Cancelled'}> +

<[Invoice State] = {'Cancelled'}, [Cancelled Date] = {"<=$(vReportdate)"}>} [Invoiced QTY])

Add any extra terms to each side if required to ensure that there is no double counting.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
santharubban
Creator III
Creator III

Wain,

try this

sum({$<[Invoice Posted Date] = {"<=$(vReportdate)"}, [Invoice State] -= {'Cancelled'}> }  [Invoiced QTY]) +

sum({$<[Invoice State] = {'Cancelled'}, [Cancelled Date] = {"<=$(vReportdate)"}>} [Invoiced QTY])

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jonathan for your quick reply. I will try that now.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Santharubban as well