Skip to main content
Announcements
Announcing Qlik Talend® Cloud and Qlik Answers™ to accelerate AI adoption! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Combination of two master calendar's

Hi

I got master calendar where week is between tuesday and monday, I looking to implement second master calendar where week is between monday to sunday and build selection to choose which calendar I want to use.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you mean that you want to have a way of displaying to your users two different types of calendar, one with week days that start on monday, or one with weekdays starting on tuesday ?

If so, it would be best to have just the one master calendar, but sort the weekday field accordingly.

... or ....

Do you want the weeknumber of the year to be different in the two different calendars, so Mon 14th Jan is week 3 in the calendar that starts on mondays, but is week 2 on the other starting on tuesdays ?

If so, you could have two calendars in the datamodel, linked to the transaction date. One could create WeekNumber using Week(TempDate) while the other could create it using Week(TempDate+1).

This however would open up user interface problems of how you deselect and reselect dates across the two calendars when user move from one to the other, which you would probably have to resoolve using macros and ToggleSelect commands.

Jonathan