Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Clustering

Hi

I completed the process of setting up a cluster and both servers are up and running.Now I wanted to test that clustering is working truly truly.Any suggestions ways of testing the clustering.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Its working and tested.

Lets think we have two - QVS1(Master) QVS2(Slave)

1. One way of testing is stop services on QVS1 and the access point on QVS1 should automatically route you to QVS2.

2.Using QVS1 Access point open some QVW and go to document properties and see from which server it is served from.same way open another QVW and see where that is being served from.If Load balancing works it will serev one from each server.

3.This also helps for User CALs.A single user can be served from any server but he will be considered as one user .

View solution in original post

3 Replies
erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

That's an interesting test. What kind of setting did you use? Which services were clusterized?

I would selectively shut down the services of the first server and try to access QV and then restart server1 and shut the server2 down...

I'd like to know your results.

Regards,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erich,

It works perfectly fine when I Stop the services on QVS1 the Access point of QVS1 routes me to QVS2. Works fine other way also.

But when both servers are up and running  it throws me out a tunneling error when accesing through access point and if it ir trying to load balance and point me to other server.

SSH.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Its working and tested.

Lets think we have two - QVS1(Master) QVS2(Slave)

1. One way of testing is stop services on QVS1 and the access point on QVS1 should automatically route you to QVS2.

2.Using QVS1 Access point open some QVW and go to document properties and see from which server it is served from.same way open another QVW and see where that is being served from.If Load balancing works it will serev one from each server.

3.This also helps for User CALs.A single user can be served from any server but he will be considered as one user .