cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clear fields on current active sheet

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to clear all fields from the currently active sheet?

I imagine this is possible with a macro but I am not sure how to code it.

Thanks!

Michael

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

You might be able to configure and use Alternate states to achieve this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The field selections are communal and the same across all sheets.

Clearing all the selections, which will affect all sheets, is dead easy.  But I suspect that is not what you are after.

You could put the sheet in its own Alternate State, then selections on that sheet will be independent of the Default State's selection.

Could clarify the end result your are after.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'll play around with alternate states and see what I can come up with.

My end result is fairly straightforward. I want to clear all of the fields on the active sheet without clearing any fields on other sheets. For example, let's say I make a few selections on sheet A then move to sheet B. I want a button which will clear the selections on sheet B without clearing anything on sheet A.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be you can try with Triggers "OnLeaveSheet" and "OnActivateSheet", for example,

When you Move from Sheet A to Sheet B,

1 ) In the Sheet A -> Properties -> OnLeaveSheet -> Create BookMark (Give the BookMarkID and Name)

2 ) Now, the Same Sheet A -> Properties -> OnActivateSheet -> Apply BookMark (Give the BookMard ID)

So, Whenever you activate the Sheet A, Your Previous Selection will Apply..

Or, If you don't want clear in Sheet A, when you are in Sheet B, you can Lock your Fields in the 'OnLeaveSheet' using Trigger..

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Create an alternate state as 1 and Select it for Sheet A -> Create a Clear All Button and Select State as 1 on Sheet A

Create an alternate state as 2 and Select it for Sheet B -> Create a Clear All Button and Select State as 2 on Sheet B

There By Both of the Sheets will be different from selections.You Can make clear selections only on that selected sheet itself as you required.

Hope this Helps,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”