Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chinese Characters show up as blocks in Qlikview, export correctly, what gives?

I have a data model that pulls in data from multiple languages, one of which is chinese.  What is interesting is that when I try to view the chinese characters within Qlikview I get character blocks and not the chinese characters.  When I export the table I'm viewing to Excel the chinese characters appear properly within the Excel spreadsheet.

Is there something special, a setting or something that I have missed, that enables the chinese characters to appear correctly within the Qlikview application?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I solved it...

It appears that Qlikview 9 SR3 at least doesn't behave the same as Excel when translating characters. 

I had to go into Regional and Language Settings in the control panel, Languages tab.

In the Languages tab is a check box for supplemental language support for east asia.  I checked it, rebooted and the characters are showing up correctly now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I solved it...

It appears that Qlikview 9 SR3 at least doesn't behave the same as Excel when translating characters. 

I had to go into Regional and Language Settings in the control panel, Languages tab.

In the Languages tab is a check box for supplemental language support for east asia.  I checked it, rebooted and the characters are showing up correctly now.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I met the same problem.

But I can't find Languages tab in control panel and my computer setting is Chinese Language.

Any thing I missed?

Thanks!