Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Fiscal Month Sort

Hello,

I'm trying to sort the months on my chart according to fiscal calender. ie) April -> March. However, when it rolls into Jan/Feb/March they are placed in front. ie) Jan -> Dec like a normal calender year.

I tried all different type of sorts, and even graphing based on the dimension Month-Year (Apr-08 -> Mar-09) but I can't seem to get it to sort properly, April -> Mar.

I'm sure others have experience on this. Any advice would be most appreciative.

Danke.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are be many ways to fix it. Usually I have months in format Month-Year, e.g. Jun-09 (in a dual format). In this case there is no problem with sorting. Apr-09 is always later than Dec-08.
As for "how to", see my Wiki about calendar.

Not applicable
Author

Michael,

thanks for the tip. I had created a MonthYear field but not using the dual command (straight concatenate). I used the dual command, and it works purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfectly :D.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You shouldn't need to use dual for the MonthYear. Just do date(monthstart(YourDate),'MMM-YY'). You'll get the proper display and it will be an actual date so that you can use date functions on it. Put another way, dates are already in dual format, so you don't need to build it up yourself.