Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Change default container index on sheet activation

I have a container which contains three line charts. Each time sheet is activated I would like to change container index to point to the second tab and so making second tab visible. How can I do it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hey Tony,

There is one more option which I can think of - using Bookmarks. Simply create a bookmark with second chart selected in the Container. Go to Bookmarks -> Add bookmark. Most importantly - make sure that "Include Layout State" tick box is ticked.

Now when you have this bookmark created, you can create an OnActivateSheet Trigger on the Sheet.

Sheet Properties -> Triggers -> Add Action -> Add -> Bookmark -> Apply Bookmark -> Paste Bookmark ID (You can check Bookmark ID in Bookmark -> More menu.

This should work - every time you will open the Sheet, bookmark will be aplied and Second Chart will be selected in the Container.

BR,

Kuba

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Tony,

Please review this post: How to set a default object to a container ?

BR,

Kuba

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I saw this post but it is uses a macro and I do not want to use macros. Is there any other approach without using macros?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Correct me here?

You have sheet, with a container object. This Container object has 3 Bar charts(B1, B2, B3) inside it.

When you close and open the qvw file you want B2 to be visible in that container right ?

In on of my qvw files i have 3 bar charts in a container. I selected 2nd one to display everytime i get to that sheet.

This is what I did, I selected the 2nd chart and saved the qvw file. Next time when i go to that sheet my 2nd char is visible in the Container.

Is this what you looking for ?

Not applicable
Author

Hey Tony,

There is one more option which I can think of - using Bookmarks. Simply create a bookmark with second chart selected in the Container. Go to Bookmarks -> Add bookmark. Most importantly - make sure that "Include Layout State" tick box is ticked.

Now when you have this bookmark created, you can create an OnActivateSheet Trigger on the Sheet.

Sheet Properties -> Triggers -> Add Action -> Add -> Bookmark -> Apply Bookmark -> Paste Bookmark ID (You can check Bookmark ID in Bookmark -> More menu.

This should work - every time you will open the Sheet, bookmark will be aplied and Second Chart will be selected in the Container.

BR,

Kuba

Not applicable
Author

I have a Qlikview documents with many sheets (tabs), in one of the sheets I have a container. This containers has three line charts within it. So each time I go to that sheet, I mean, the sheet is activated, I want second line chart within container to be displayed automatically.

Your solution not works if for example, you select first line chart within the container, then you go to another sheet in the document and finally you come back to the sheet where the container is, in that case, you will see displayed the first line chart but not the second.

Not applicable
Author

Perfect! Using bookmarks is the easiest solution. It works.