Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Cannot reload qlikview dashboad via management console

I've been trying to schedule a daily refresh of my qlikview file through the management console, and it keeps failing. I am able to reload it when I do it manually in the file, all of my database passwords and drivers work fine.  However when I try and refresh in the management console it is erroring out due to the following error message:

2/10/2014 9:25:37 PM:       Error: SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

2/10/2014 9:25:37 PM:       General Script Error

2/10/2014 9:25:37 PM:       Execution Failed

2/10/2014 9:25:37 PM:      Execution finished.

Do I need to input the database passwords somewhere within the management console, or is there a setting I am missing to keep all the driver/password information in the file?  I am so frustrated.  I have no idea why it is working one way but not the other.

5 Replies
rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Hannah,

Can you please help me out for better understanding:

1. Which version of Qikview you are using ?

2. Using 32 Bit or 64 Bit for Qlikview Server ?

3. Using 32 Bit or 64 Bit for Qlikview Desktop ?

4. Using 32 bit or 64 bit for Drivers ?

I this this is the issue of "Forced 32 bit" you have to check while using the 32 bit Drivers installed on 64 bit Server.

Regards

Rahul

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

When trying to execute the Load Script in your QlikView application, the Distribution Service is unable to find the ODBC definition specified in the CONNECT string.

Most often this is caused by the QlikView Distribution Service running under another AD account than yourself. ODBC definitions can be stored for the whole system or for a particular user. Make sure that you didn't use a User DSN. Use a System DSN.

As Rahul says, difference between 32-bit and 64-bit QlikView programs may also cause this kind of error. For example, if your desktop is a 32-bit version, it will find all 32-bit ODBC definitions on a 64-bit platform and generate script code for them. But if at the same time you are using a 64-bit QV Server on the same platform, its Reload Engine will favor 64-bit ODBC definitions which are an entirely separate category. QVS won't find the ODBC drivers you specific because it is looking in the 64-bit category only. The solution is to use ODBC CONNECT32 in your script.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Further information on ODBC and methods to control it can be found in this brand-new post by Henric: http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/02/10/odbc-confusion

Great stuff, as always.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I created the SYSTEM DSN and still no luck

any ideas?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you please post the version of QlikView server (including whether it's a 32-bit or 64-bit version) and the program (including its location) that you used to create the ODBC definition? When you define the System DSN, is the "Test Connection" action successful?

Best,

Peter