Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we change the Autorecover Files path ?

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any way to change the auto recovery folder location.
usually it is under C:\Users\<local user>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\Qlikview

All the files which are reloaded and closed with out saving will be stored under this path.
Note:If Save After Reload under UserPreferences\Save is checked

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could try it within the user properties by storage path if you changed the folder by user-files or buffer If this don't worked then there would be rather no possibility to change the folder.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

thanks Marcus for the reply...

but I didn't understand what exactly you have suggested..
Can we specify storage path in user properties anywhere..??

marcus_sommer

Some could be changed:

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Changing the UserFiles Path Under User Preferences\Locations didn't help .
Still the temp files are stored under default path C:\Users\<local user>\AppData\Local\QlikTech\Qlikview

Is there any other way ??

marcus_sommer

If this didn't worked I think there is none way to determine the path but you could copy or move the files per batch-routines, see here for further hints and examples:

Re: QVW to create bat file which contain the copy command for all the QVD's used in the QVW. Help on...

Re: Is that Possible to Specify Path of the "Generate Logfile"?

But after all I'm not sure if it's really helpful - for me this is only a kind of quick backup if something went wrong but for creating datamodels based on a qvd-layer is it not suitable. For this you need a proper layer- and/or folder-structure: Folder structure.

- Marcus