Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishalgoud
Creator III
Creator III

Can anybody guide me what to consider... ??

am doing some changes in the existing  expressions am adding a new set condition and while adding i can see the pop up stating that   Expression Ok. but when we see it in the expressions we can see some red lines under some of key words or symbols.

can any body through some light on this. What to consider, when it says expression is OK is it all right  ???

2. and my other question :  when i shift the ' - ' symbol before and after to ' = ' sign. it showing diff column name colors where as in both cases i can see that ' Expression OK'

case 1: =SUM({<RG_GROUP =-  {"MT *"}>}VoiceVolume) / SUM({<RG_GROUP  =-  {"MT *"}>} total <Month> VoiceVolume)

case 2 : SUM({<RG_GROUP -=  {"MT *"}>}VoiceVolume) / SUM({<RG_GROUP  -=  {"MT *"}>} total <Month> VoiceVolume)

Please guide me which is correct in both of the above. my requirement is avoid that MT from RG_group.

Some one like stalwar1‌ or petter-s‌ can look into this please.

My Qlik version 11.20 SR 17.

Thanks much in advance..

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Case 1 - Basically what this is saying is that show all RG_GROUP expect MT * and this is true even if you select within RG_GROUP

For example, let's say that there are two values with RG_GROUP MT 123 AND MR 123. The above expression will always show MR 123 even if you select MT 123 or MR 123

Case 2 - This will honor selections in RG_GROUP while excluding the one you have specified in set analysis

For example, let's say that there are two values with RG_GROUP MT 123 AND MR 123. The above expression will show MR 123 if you have not selected anything or selected MR 123.... but will not show anything if you select MT 123.

I don't pay too much attention to the expression editor's error message or red wiggly lines. My first check is always to see if I am getting the right numbers. If I am.... let expression editor show whatever it wants to. If I am not getting the right result, I spend more time with the error message and red wiggly lines.

HTH

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There are several cases in the V11 expression syntax checker where the expression is actually correct but the red underlines are shown.  As Sunny suggested, sometimes you just need to ignore them.

Most of these problems have been corrected in the QV 12.20 release.

-Rob