Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rayk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Calendar Object doesn't work for some users on Qlikview Desktop

Hi All,

Some users can just click the calendar icon and get the calendar popped up and they can select the date no problem, but other users when the click the icon nothing happened.

Very strange one, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Labels (1)
3 Replies
QGTFS
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rayk,

Just to have a bit more context, do you have data restrictions/ security for users ? Or could you present us more your report, like a dummy one to give to use to analyse ?

Other things that comes to mind, have you been able to replicate the situation with different users, if so, what are the scripts/ variable values associated ?

Rayk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi QGTFS,

Thanks for the reply.

This isn't my creation but was done by someone else.

We have a section access in the document plus I have attached Sheet and Document properties for reference.

The reason for the restriction of security is to limit a users from saving or amending the document.

But for whatever reason the both users is the same but one can and the other can't, I can as I am set as an admin.

as per the screenshot the calendar popup fine for me but for the user isn't doing anything when he click the button.

QGTFS
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Rayk, from your Calendar screen capture, it seems there's no other date available to the user with the current data as the cells to select the date are grey. One way to make sure of it would be to clean other filters to see if selection works then (right click, clear selection).

I would investigate in this direction, trying to see where it's located to filter user's data, or other possibility, no specific user restriction, rather the filters themselves force this situation, you might have another field in your filter dependant to the date, you can also check this by checking the model with the table viewer.