cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III

Button Questions

I have started to use buttons more frequently and I still run into situations where I am unsure how I should procede. I have attached a report in which I use a button to swap dimensions on a report.

-I would like to add a button to select all Business Lines and then swap the Busieness Line Summary pivot chart to one that is not bussiness line specific. I currently have the Business Line field locked down to always have 1 field select. If all business lines are selected and you switch tabs, there is too much data to be displayed on my Pool Breakout tab and it can lock the report up. I need to somehow make sure only all business lines are only selectable on this tab.

If anyone could help me along in the right direction or provide some examples of similar situations you have encounter to this, that would be great. Thanks

3 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Jeremy,

we are using buttons throughout all of our apps here for navigation between the different charts - we generally have the tabs (on top of the sheet) deactivated.

We generally have quite a few actions on each of the navigation buttons:

- clear all selections (that alone would solve your problem, I guess?)

- activate the worksheet

- apply the correct default_selections for that chart (usually the current year and current week)

=> Since every single button has all of these triggers, we never run into problems with "non_fitting" selections.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Greg_Williams
Former Employee
Former Employee

This might be an oversimplified response - but have you checked out the demos available on Qlik's demo site that might give you some ideas on how to control the dimensions, measures, etc.? There are a number of applications that showcase this type of capability.

Also, I do not use buttons, I use text boxes with actions. Gives me more flexibility.

Greg

MalcolmCICWF
Creator III
Creator III
Author

fellas, I have searched quite a bit and I cannot find what I am looknig for. I have made some changes and I am getting half the results I am looking for.

In the attached report I have a button that will toggle between two dimensions of a report and then select all 3 values of the Business Line field. I would however like to be able to click the button again to deseelct and reverse/clear what I did. I cannot figure out the correct action to make this happen in a single button. can someone please help lead me towards a solution? Thanks