cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Average past 28 days

Hi guys - I have this set analysis which is working for calculating the average demand per day:

=Num(avg({<Financial_Year={'FY19/20'}, Activity_or_Demand={'Demand'}>}
Aggr(count({<Financial_Year={'FY19/20'},Activity_or_Demand={'Demand'}>}
Event_Key),Request_Date, Individual_Exam_Parts_Per_Event)),'#,###.')

How can I modify it to show the average demand over the past 28 weeks?  I have fields 'Request_Date' in format DD/MM/YYYY which are daily dates so somehow use the today() function -28 somehow??  Many thanks.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

so change both

Financial_Year={'FY19/20'}

to

Request_Date={"<=date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY)>=date(today()-27,'DD/MM/YYYY)"}

Regards

p.s.

you want days or weeks? 2 time you wrote 28 days, one time 28 weeks

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry - 28 days.  Many thanks for reply.  

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would always suggest to create field called week in script

Ex: Week(Request_Date) as Week

Expression

=Num(avg({<Week={">=$(=Max(Week-26))<=$(=Max(Week))"}, Financial_Year={'FY19/20'}, Activity_or_Demand={'Demand'}>}
Aggr(count({<Week={">=$(=Max(Week-26))<=$(=Max(Week))"}, Financial_Year={'FY19/20'},Activity_or_Demand={'Demand'}>}
Event_Key),Request_Date, Individual_Exam_Parts_Per_Event)),'#,###.')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For some reason that's not working Martinpohl...any ideas why?

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That works a treat Anil!  However, on the top line of my straight table, the expression total is not at all what I would expect.  The individual lines are fine, per Individual_Exam_Parts_Per_Event but the total at the top is completely wrong.  What am I missing?  Many thanks for your persistence.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would always suggest first place with Outer aggregation as well some cases? Perhaps this

Num(Sum(Aggr(avg({<Week={">=$(=Max(Week-26))<=$(=Max(Week))"}, Financial_Year={'FY19/20'}, Activity_or_Demand={'Demand'}>}
Aggr(count({<Week={">=$(=Max(Week-26))<=$(=Max(Week))"}, Financial_Year={'FY19/20'},Activity_or_Demand={'Demand'}>}
Event_Key),Request_Date, Individual_Exam_Parts_Per_Event)), Individual_Exam_Parts_Per_Event)), '#,###.')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

sorry, I missed two figures

Request_Date={"<=date(today(),'DD/MM/YYYY')>=date(today()-27,'DD/MM/YYYY')"}

Regards

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If any of the posts helped you with your use case, do not forget to return to your post and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped you get things working as desired.  This gives credit to the poster and lets other Community Members know what actually worked.

Not sure if you are aware of the Design Blog area either, so I am going to post the base URL here for you, there are hundreds of how-to posts from our experts in this area, so be sure to specifically search there in the future, as you will likely be able to find quite a few useful things there.  There are some posts on Set Analysis related to dates and other concepts.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Specific one on dates:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Dates-in-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1472511

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.