Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Average Trend Line in Bar Chart

Dear All,

I know there is a Reference Line, but that is not what I am looking for.

What I want is a line with average data points for any year for the whole company group additionally in the bar chart (see graphic).

Is that possible?

See attached qvw.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I guess it has to do with 1 expression vs. 2 expression. When we have 1 expression each dimensions pick up a different color, but with two the colors are distributed across the expression, instead of within the expression. You can use if statement to get this fixed.

Something like this:

=If(Avg(1) > 0, LightMagenta(), LightGray())

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: So here we have LightGray for Peer companies and LightMagenta for companies.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Close, I have removed Company_Peer for the trend line.

But why is it not colored for any company as before and shown in the legend?

sunny_talwar

I guess it has to do with 1 expression vs. 2 expression. When we have 1 expression each dimensions pick up a different color, but with two the colors are distributed across the expression, instead of within the expression. You can use if statement to get this fixed.

Something like this:

=If(Avg(1) > 0, LightMagenta(), LightGray())

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: So here we have LightGray for Peer companies and LightMagenta for companies.

Not applicable
Author

Is there no other solution or workaround?

I would like to have different colours as defined in the colormap. I have a lot of companies so I think using an if statement is not a good idea.

Second, as I have longer company names than A,B,C I would like to display them in the legend.

sunny_talwar

I guess the only other way I can imagine is to use two charts overlapping each other

Not applicable
Author

Consequence is that I cannot copy the chart as one image to clipboard, right?

sunny_talwar

Yes and some other such as scrolling won't work... etc

Not applicable
Author

That is too bad 😞

Is there a function for the if statement using colour map consecutively?

sunny_talwar

Here is a dynamic way to assign color to companies using ColorMix Wizard. Legend is still a problem

Capture.PNG

ColorMix1 ((1+Sign(2*(RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo()))-RangeMin (top(total RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo())),1,NoOfRows(total))))/(RangeMax (top(total RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo())),1,NoOfRows(total)))-RangeMin (top(total RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo())),1,NoOfRows(total))))-1)*Sqrt(Fabs((2*(RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo()))-RangeMin (top(total RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo())),1,NoOfRows(total))))/(RangeMax (top(total RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo())),1,NoOfRows(total)))-RangeMin (top(total RangeSum(Above(Count({<Company=p(Company)>+<Company=p(Company_Peer)>}Company), 0, RowNo())),1,NoOfRows(total))))-1))))/2, ARGB(255, 255, 0, 0), ARGB(255, 0, 255, 0))