Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automating QVX load

I have a program that generates qvx files and I would like the user to be able to import and see the data in QlikView in one step without manual intervention. It does not appear to be possible to do this with QlikView's scripting in its current form. Automating the creation of a table box seems to require manual intervention by the user.

I would like the QlikView exe to import the data into a QlikView table without forcing the user to *manually* accept the defaults for the import wizard.

Is there any way to keep the wizard from popping up? It appears that my only option is to create beforehand a qvw file containing a script that loads a qvx given the name passed in as a variable value in the command line. Is this correct?

Second Question: Executing a load statement in the script reads the qvx data in, but I would like to script the creation of a new sheet containing a table containing the newly imported data. Is there any way to do this without forcing the user to manually create the table box by hand?

0 Replies