Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatically export Chart to .jpeg from web interface

Hi all,

I have a qvw that export jpeg file from chart after reload the document.

It works correctly.

Now I have to complete this job, with task schedulation in the Qw Web Management Console.

I created the task and it runs... on qlik server task manager it appear a qvb.exe process... but nothing happened... jpeg file is not created.

It's a permission problem? I haven't error message to read...

Thank you!!!

Barbara

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview Publisher will not fire any macro code within a document.  To get your OnPostReload trigger to fire, you need to reload the document from the command line with a batch file.  The batch file can be scheduled with windows task scheduler.   Search for 'command line syntax' in the Qlikview Reference manal (not the server manual) for details on the syntax for reloading from a batch file. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview Publisher will not fire any macro code within a document.  To get your OnPostReload trigger to fire, you need to reload the document from the command line with a batch file.  The batch file can be scheduled with windows task scheduler.   Search for 'command line syntax' in the Qlikview Reference manal (not the server manual) for details on the syntax for reloading from a batch file. 

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Tammy,

I supposed that was not possibile to run macros from Publisher.

So I scheduled on win task scheduler this batch file:

Set qlik = CreateObject("QlikTech.QlikView")

Set Doc = qlik.OpenDoc("E:\SMI-QLIK-SRV\QLIK-PUBLISHER\SALES\STATISTICHE VENDITA.qvw")

Set QvDoc = qlik.ActiveDocument

Doc.ReloadEx 2, 1

Doc.Save

Doc.CloseDoc

qlik.Quit

Set qlik = Nothing

It works!

Thank you!

Barbara