Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Automatic excel file creation after reload, in Qlikview management console

Hi

It would be necessary to create a csv or xlsx file from a pivot table type object every Monday morning. I wrote the corresponding macros and made them run when the file was opened. Everything worked fine, but I would like to have this kind of data export during the nightly data refresh, which is done using the QV Management Console. I used such an update many years ago, when the Management console was not yet used for updating. It seems that it can't be done now, so instead of making QlikView better, the update has made it worse. Why has such an opportunity been taken away? Maybe it can be done somehow, maybe someone can advise. I have found recommendations to write a script to send this, but at the moment there is no table yet. You could, of course, write a more complex section of script that would create a table with the same structure as the table, but that doesn't make sense, because in this case it's better to write a suitable sql query and read the data directly into an excel file, and QlikView is then useless. We pay large sums of money for the development of QlikView every year, but QlikView is rather in regression and all development is aimed at QlikSense, why such discrimination.
Riho

export_csv.jpgmancol.jpg

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

Perhaps using API calls for this functionality:

1. QlikView APIs and SDKs

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/May2022/Content/QV_HelpSites/APIsAndSDKs.htm
riho92qv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the advice, I haven't used the QlikView API so far, maybe this solution will be too complicated for me, but I'll definitely try if I can achieve my goal this way.

Riho

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @riho92qv 

Sorry I got a bit confused, what is the functionality that you used to have before and is not working? Was it an extra configuration in the QMC, or you are just saying that it was working before and not anymore ?

What is the version where this was working and the current version where you are testing ? 

Do you have a sample app that could share just to show the behavior?

Hope it helps. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
marcus_sommer

QMC reload-task couldn't run any macro because there exists no UI within the application at this time - just the data are refreshed. Nevertheless you could trigger such export-task by using EXECUTE to start the QlikView desktop client - directly or per external cmd/vbs batch and/or with a detour by triggering a windows task which then executes any batches or QlikView.

There are various postings to this topic within the community. Here are some as starting point:

Run Excel macro via QMC - Qlik Community - 1133941

How can I run a macro on QMC after reload? - Qlik Community - 863755