Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automatic distinct load

Whenever i am downloading data from a table object to excel it is removing duplicate records. I need the number of records as it is available in source. My source file is excel. The count function is showing proper count of rows. But after extracting the data on excel only distinct records are appearing. Could any one help me to sort this issue???

8 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

I do not get it.

can you please explain .

Use non cancatenate load

Not applicable
Author

Can you upload a sample app?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujeet ,

Take data from Straight table to excel ..

hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

I am loading data straight way from excel to qlikview. Once data loaded in qlikview i am storing it in table and exporting to excel again. After exporting data to excel the number of rows are not matching with original excel file.

Duplicate records are being get deleted automatically.. Hope i am clear this time....

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're not doing all of this in your load script, are you? Then the following may be helpful.

(In General: Don't do that. QlikView UI is not Excel)

I guess you're either using a Table Box or a Straight Table in the UI to bring the data from QV back into Excel.

• A table box only shows distinct sets of value combinations. Duplicates are dropped. All columns are treated as list boxes, which omit duplicates by nature.
  • A straight table probably has some expression column somewhere, forcing it to aggregate data and merging duplicate dimension sets. Even when every amount is displayed as a dimension, you can't be sure that there won't ever be rows with identical dimension values and identical amounts.

You could add a RowNo() column to your table in your load script and to the object-to-export on your sheet. That will force QlikView to treat every row from its internal table as unique. After the export to Excel, omit the RowNo() column.

Best,

Peter

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Shailesh,

I think you have exported to excel from Table box, as it will remove duplicates.  What you can do is while loading data from excel arrive one more column RowNo which is a key field to identify each row and add this column to the Table and then export.  Now none of the rows will miss.

Try this script

Data:

LOAD

RowNo() AS RowNumber,

FROM FileName;

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot..

Regards,

Shailesh

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please close the dicussion by marking a reply as an Answer. That makes it easier for us to track unanswered questions. Thanks.

Peter