cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimFerguson
Contributor II
Contributor II

Auto-increment/identity column in Snowflake table loaded by Qlik Replicate

I am loading data from a flat file (csv) into a Snowflake table using Qlik Replicate tool. In the Snowflake table, I have a column called "load_rec_num" to store something like ROWNUM of Oracle, that is, an auto incrementing numeric value as data is getting loaded.

I tried 3 approaches on "load_rec_num", all from inside Snowflake, but none is working :

1. created "load_rec_num" as an identity column
  2. created a sequence and had column "load_rec_num" default to sequence.nextval : load_rec_num DEFAULT MY_SEQ.nextval
  3. created "load_rec_num" with the autoincrement keyword : load_rec_num autoincrement start 1 increment 1

None of these worked for the data load operation. Data got loaded into the table (using the Qlik Replicate jobs) but the column value was NULL. However, when I run INSERT sqls on the same table, this column "load_rec_num" got populated with a number, but that is not what I am looking for.                          My Penn Medicine

Is there a way (either from inside Snowflake or by some transformation from inside Qlik Replicate task or by using SQLite statements inside Qlik Replicate) whereby the column "load_rec_num" can be automatically loaded with auto-incrementing number when the data load is happening from Qlik Replicate tool ?

Labels (3)
0 Replies