Creator III

Apply filter in in list box when selections made in another list box

Hi Experts, 

I have two list boxes as below. 

List Box1: 

viveksingh_0-1616667670207.png         

List Box2: 

viveksingh_1-1616667718619.png

when values (C1 or C2 or C3..) are selected from list box1(Country) then the value(Acc) should be selected and apply filter Department ='Acc' to all reports and objects in a dashboard. 

Please suggest on this. 

Labels (1)
5 Replies
eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello @viveksingh ,

Just to be sure. Depending on the datamodel it is standard that when a user selects some values that possible values in other listboxes are white and can be selected. Therefore I assume these fields are connected with each other. Second if so, why do you want to 'automate' this? 

It is possible to do this by setting a trigger on document level on the field that has been selected.  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Document_Proper...

Regards Eddie

viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Eddie, 

Thanks for the reply. 

I understand that the selections are based on data model and its associated vales. Yes, These are connected to each other. 

I tried the triggers but nothing works for me. Please let me know if there are any other possibilities. 

eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

It is difficult to talk about possibilities/solutions without example data. There are numerous ways to solve things, but it depends on the use case. Maybe you could search for other examples; like this one https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Select-Value-in-a-list-box-based-on-Selection-from-an...

Otherwise, if you can explain more and provide some example data I can look at it. 

viveksingh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi, 

Thanks for the response, Below is my sample data

viveksingh_0-1616729393762.png

eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

Thanks. I see all Departments are connected to Country, so you have to be sure that whatever Country you chose never the Department Fin may be selected. 

As I wrote before, this can be accomplished by setting triggers on Fields within document properties.

See example and navigate to Document Properties and Triggers. I have set two triggers, one for selected and one for on change.

Does this meet your requirements?

Regards Eddie