Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nocto
Contributor III
Contributor III

Analyzing SQL Loads and/or Preceeding Loads transformation in detail

Hey Guys,

So in our company we use Qlikview to transform and Clean alot of SQL loads with preceeding loads and so on. Right now my problem is that my Colleague who is on Vacation a really long time has a very complicated SQL Preceeding load with a lot of Cleaning Steps in it.

So my Question is: Is it possible to Debug the SQL Load itself to see what happens at every step until the Finished Table or so, because if it is possible I think I can unterstand his Logic much better.

If not, do you have some kind of tips how to Analyze Code?  What do you use for that?

Thanks 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is no debugging of the transforming-steps available. You may use the debugger but only variables are resolved and no field-transformations.

I think I would do a purely sql load and storing it into a qvd and then commenting the sql load and replacing it with a load from the qvd - maybe with a first prefix to load only n records and not the entire dataset. And then commenting all preceeding-parts unless the lowest one. Within the UI you look now within a tablebox for the data. After that you uncomment the next preceeding-part and so on.

Because of the fact that there isn't much new else you just comment and uncomment the script-parts you could apply very easy and fast such an approach.

If you couldn't get the logic you may also add some extra measures within the script - means something like to keep your origin field and then the transformed fields within the chain and/or to split some transformations into their parts.

- Marcus 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is no debugging of the transforming-steps available. You may use the debugger but only variables are resolved and no field-transformations.

I think I would do a purely sql load and storing it into a qvd and then commenting the sql load and replacing it with a load from the qvd - maybe with a first prefix to load only n records and not the entire dataset. And then commenting all preceeding-parts unless the lowest one. Within the UI you look now within a tablebox for the data. After that you uncomment the next preceeding-part and so on.

Because of the fact that there isn't much new else you just comment and uncomment the script-parts you could apply very easy and fast such an approach.

If you couldn't get the logic you may also add some extra measures within the script - means something like to keep your origin field and then the transformed fields within the chain and/or to split some transformations into their parts.

- Marcus