Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Alternate States with Set Analysis

Hello,

I created and assigned "State 1" on one of my textbox objects. Within this object, I have set analysis: sum({$<[Receipt Type]={'Follow-up Receipt'}>} [Case Count]). But the result wasn't correct. How I can modify it?

Thanks,

Becky

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

But you also assigned your expression inherited state by adding the $ (dollar sign)... try this:

Sum({<[Receipt Type]={'Follow-up Receipt'}>} [Case Count])

Not applicable
Author

Oh, got it.

I thought I should do =Sum({[State1]<[Receipt Type]='Follow-up Receipt'>} [Case Count]) ..

Thanks Sunny!

sunny_talwar

If you object is in State1, you don't have to specify it (you can, but you don't have to). But specifying $ is problematic, because then you are telling the expression to ignore object's state and react to inherited state

Not applicable
Author

Oh, I see. Really helpful Sunny!

So I noticed one thing. I assigned "year" object and textbox objects in State1. So when I choose the year in my current tab, it won't effect the result in other tabs. However, there is no value shows up in the "Current Selections" box. Do you know why?

Btw, I am not sure why I can't find "correct" answer option...This is the first I cann't find it.

Best,

Becky

sunny_talwar

Well as long as you want your expression to be in the same state as your object, you don't need to add anything there. If you want the expression to behave to another state, or if you want it to be react to multiple states, then you need to specify the state.

Look here for marking correct and helpful responses:

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

sunny_talwar

Have you checked if you current selection box is in the same state as the state where you are making selection in the year field?

Not applicable
Author

oh! That's why!! Thank you ha!

There is no "Correct Answer" button shows up. It only happened today. Very weird. I will try to log out and log in to see.

sunny_talwar

Could be the browser issue. Not entirely sure

Not applicable
Author

I switched to another browser, but it shows the same. See the little icon in front of my post is different than others.