cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Allow export only for Admin

Hi all,

I have a Problem with the Security. I work with the following Secion Access

[ code ] Section Access; LOAD [USERID] , PASSWORD],NTNAME,upper(GRUPPE),[ACCESS]FROM SystemUser.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is Tabelle1$);

SectionSectApplication; LOAD upper(GRUPPE),SystemUserId FROM SystemUser.xls (biff, embedded labels, table is Tabelle1$); [ /code ]

I want only allow Admin to export and print. I make this in the document settings. I set the Field export and print on disable. But it doesn*t work. User and Admin can't export and print. When I set the fields on enable. both can print and export.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Tanja

4 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If users are using the documents opened in a local client then you can set the Document Property / Security / "Admin Override" option.

However, if users are opening the document from a Server then all users are considered "USER" level - even if "ADMIN" in section access.

The only way to get around it that I have used is to have 2 documents - one for Admins and one for Users.

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen, that is not the answer, that I want to hear but thank you for your fast help. 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Any work around for this, to allow the document to export only to admin login .

Please let me know if there is any other thing!!

Thanks,

Sachin

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

Dears

I have this problem but bigger than sachin,I wanna to create different group of users with diffrent access to the print of expoert option.

for example.

group 1:

available option:print,export

group 2:

available option: add sheet,print

group3:

available option: just print

thanks