Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

All in the list/Multi box

Hi all

I have a list box/Multi box and i want to to give one option for 'All' in the list box/multi box. When i select 'All', the data should be filtered for all the values in the field. How can i do that?

I already know about the 'Select all' icon in the caption.

Thanks

6 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

PFA, The solution is using the button. Regards. Siva

Not applicable
Author

Hi QV

I want 'All' as a value in that field. I know that we can select everything from the list box with the help of a button but i really want 'All' as a field value.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It is technically possible (for example create a copy of this field that has all the same values plus 'All', and use it for selections) - but does it make sense?  The "I want" is not a valid reason.  Take a look at the latest blog post from Henric, maybe you're trying to solve a wrong problem:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/theqlikviewblog/2013/07/16/the-feynman-problem-solving-algorithm

Regards,

Michael

Edit: Attached is a version of a "solution" for the "problem".  Notice that you get an additional field which is completely unnecessary.  You can complicate it further by adding actions so the actual selections will be in Column A.  Does it worth it?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I know i will add more complication by doing that but can't do much since it is a client requirement.

In the list box, when i am trying to select 'ALL', the value of metric is NULL. In my case, it should be the same as nothing selected from the filter or everything selected in the filter.(Refer to the attached application).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

First, you have to manage clients.  They came from a non-QV experience, and have different expectations.  In fact, they are probably sure that using 'All' is easier.  I know it is sometimes not that's simple to convince clients...

Next, your case is about data modeling.  See attached, and notice how much [unnecessary] complications we're getting.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Michael.

I think that's what i wanted.

I know the data is exactly doubled but as you know sometimes it is very hard to convince the clients and since they have this functionality in their previous reports so they want it in qlikview also.