Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ActiveDocument.ReduceData not working

I've trying to get ReduceData working on a document, but before I insert it my main script I created a simple sub which only runs ReduceData, but it's been stalling everytime and if I reduce from the file menuj it's very quick. This is all my sub is doing

Sub TestReduce
ActiveDocument.ClearAll true
ActiveDocument.ReduceData false, null
End Sub

Am I missing something?

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

How are you triggering this code? Via a manual reload in QV Desktop or through a publisher/server reload?

And why would you clearall and then try to reduce the data?

Not applicable
Author

Right now I'm triggering it with a button, but it will run OnPostReload with a qv.exe /r

my mistake, clearall won't be there, but with or without it, it still stalls.

Not applicable
Author

I set system access on requested module security and it works now Embarrassed

Not applicable
Author

whoa sorry for the multiposts but I was getting a .net error Indifferent

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am actually having the same problem and I'm wondering what your .net error was. I have a macro that I invoke post reload. It makes a one field selection and then ActiveDocument.ReduceData. Qlikview "stalls" for 15 to 20 minutes, then continues on with the macro. When it's done, no data reduction has taken place. When I perform the data reduction from the File menu and Keep Possible Values it completes in seconds. So, if you have any insights, I would be interested.

Thanks,

Bret

Not applicable
Author

Hi everyone,

although your posts are are from 2010   this still happens. Additionally, you may not combine

ActiveDocument.clearall

ActiveDocument.reload

as QlikView will crash immediately with no option other than terminating the programm.

Best regards

Urs